We’re looking for a Training Development Coordinator to help build the next generation of TPC products. In this exciting role with broad visibility, you will be working with our organization’s key players – including TPC’s co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer Janine Kurnoff, as well as interfacing with development leads, trainers, and cross-functional business partners. Think of this role as an apprenticeship.
By being part of the development roadmap and vision for new and innovative versions of TPC’s products, you will flex your analytical and creative muscles. We truly believe in a “learn by doing” approach so get ready to learn hands-on from industry thought leaders, gain valuable career coaching, and receive ongoing mentoring.
While you’ll be working remotely, we are ideally looking for candidates near our headquarters in Portland, Oregon. This is a salaried position with bonus potential. Learn more below and apply here if you’re the perfect fit!
What you will be doing:
Use your organized left-brain way of thinking to help support our various training development needs, including:
- Update, maintain and provide quality assurance (QA) for all instructor and participant resources to ensure everything (from copy to visuals to videos) is current and consistent across our learning modalities (ILT, VILT, and e-Learning)
- Build and manage content for our e-Learning courses including but not limited to: building course pages in our online learning platform (NovoEd), setting up gamification, automating learner communications, and documenting step-by-step processes to educate customers on what to expect
- Organize and maintain our course development files on Box and then publish those files to our trainer community
- Document best practices and create style guides/templates to enable efficient course development in collaboration with our Project Management Office (PMO)
- Gather and analyze data from our workshops to develop actionable insights to improve courses
- Support all activities before, during, and after in-studio video production including securing vendors, ensuring all scripts and talent are prepared for shoot day, and notating in scripts during filming to speed up post-production editing
Use your creative right-brain way of thinking, that loves to get hands-on, to help visualize and translate ideas from concept to real-life, including:
- Source visual assets (photos, icons, etc.) to support course building
- Brainstorm and mockup visual concepts to hand off to a designer
- Review, update, and enhance training materials such as instructor and producer guides and cheat sheets, art direction in video scripts, course descriptions, etc. with a focus on storytelling, flow, visual style, and delivering a positive learner experience
Help us stay abreast with what’s happening in our industry by researching and collaborating with key stakeholders to gather relevant information and distill it down into actionable recommendations
What you will need to be successful:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (ideally in the training and development industry)
- Superior organizational skills with experience ensuring others stay organized too
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage
- Experience building course content in NovoEd (or comparable online learning platform)
- Proficiency with presentation software like PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Experience sourcing photography to humanize a concept or key message
- Experience working with multiple vendors that support different aspects of a project
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that values a “can-do” attitude, proactive thinking, commitment to quality, and strong time management skills to help us meet simultaneous deadlines
- Curious by nature, you are resourceful and possess excellent research skills
- Ability to take direction, feedback, and guidance from management
- Creative problem solver, you have an innovative spirit, and you are a big-picture thinker. You bring your authentic self to work and contribute your superpower every day!
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to flex with our evolving business needs
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, and Vision Care
- 401k program
- Annual bonuses based on company performance
- Cell and internet allowance
- Generous paid time off (PTO, Sick time, Mental Health days off, 11 paid holidays a year, and company close between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Annual Training allowance
- And many other fantastic benefits!
Who we are:
At The Presentation Company (TPC) we enable people – in all roles and industries – to bring meaning to their ideas and influence decisions through visual storytelling. Our mission is to design and deliver award-winning training programs that make a real impact on people’s lives, confidence, and careers. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we show up and conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of a pioneering spirit, clarity, inclusivity, accountability, and empathy. Whether we’re training well-known brands like Kraft-Heinz, T-Mobile, Hewlett Packard, or helping an up-and-coming company tell its story, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We are a proud, women-owned company that is looking to enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of our team members!
Why work at TPC?
If you’re inspired by working with smart, passionate people who are driven by each other’s success, this may be your next, ideal job. Our clients love us because we deliver on our promises, value their partnerships, and approach everything we do in a refreshingly authentic way.
TPC is committed to a diverse work environment and is proud to be a women-owned business and equal opportunity employer. All employees need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start date of employment with TPC.