So, here we are… working from home. If you’re like many of us, you’re logging in virtually from your kitchen, living room, or your bedroom. You may even have children, pets, roommates or spouses running wild in the background.
So how do we maintain our professionalism—and save ourselves from embarrassing on-camera mishaps? In other words, how do we keep our private world out of the business world?
Watch the video below for some practical (and fun!) tips on how to change your background in Zoom:
A few additional tips…
- Try to ensure your lighting is uniform, meaning the light source is directed at your face straight on and there are no shadows.
- Do not wear clothing that is the same color as your virtual background (Unless you’re practicing a disappearing act!)
- To achieve the best virtual background effect, use a solid color background—preferably green.
- Depending on the compatibility of your processor, you may need to use a green screen. Check out the requirements here. Zoom recommends green screens from Webaround or Amazon.
Want to download photos for your virtual background?
Check out these sites!
- Canva (free)
- ZoomMeetingBackgrounds.com (free)
- Pexels (free)
- Unsplash (free)
- ZoomVirtualBackgrounds.com (paid)
Does your team need help with presenting virtually?
Whether you’re preparing to deliver something formal or just need to collaborate internally, this workshop will help you create rich, interactive online experiences that are as good as a face-to-face meeting. Our Successful Online Presentations workshop has armed teams at some of the world’s top brands with techniques, tools, tips, and tricks to manage any online meeting, conversation, presentation, or training. Contact us to learn more.