Whether you’re attending in-person or virtually, we’re back at the Association for Talent Development (ATD) Annual International Conference & Expo for the FIFTH year in a row! If you’ve caught any of our past sessions, you know we’ve spoken about a number of topics, including…
- How to turn numbers into narratives through data visualization
- How to connect with audiences that have various needs and priorities
- How to build meaningful, engaging online training and meetings
- How to design and deliver on-demand training that actually sticks
- How to build interaction into your hybrid meetings
This year, we’re tackling the toughest — and, unfortunately, most overlooked —part of putting together any business communication: the energy and effort required to find the story. The truth is, most people jump straight into building decks without taking time to truly understand their audience, learn about their unique needs and challenges, and discover insights that get their audience to lean in and take action. It’s the pre-work we have to do before doing the work-work of putting together and delivering the actual meeting, presentation, or conversation. In a nutshell? Before we can share our story, we have to find it.
Janine Kurnoff, Co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer at The Presentation Company, will walk you through a simple, practical framework to help you discover your story and organize your ideas and data into a compelling business narrative. You’ll walk away with a formula and vocabulary that makes finding (and ultimately telling) your story so much easier, and you’ll learn how to adapt your story based on scenarios we all face too often: like what to do when your meeting gets cut from 30 minutes to just five minutes, or when you need to build a cohesive story as a team.
During the session, you’ll:
- Learn a step-by-step process for finding, crafting, and telling a clear, compelling business story that drives action
- Explore ways to walk in your audience’s shoes to help you find and tell your story through their eyes, and
- Position your ideas more strategically to help you up-level your ideas — and your career
So, what are you waiting for? Learn more and register here.
And don’t forget! While you’re in Orlando, make sure to stop by the ATD Book Store to grab a copy of Everyday Business Storytelling, where you’ll get 288 pages of practical, flexible storytelling tips that are sure to make you a more confident, credible communicator… in any scenario.